Sunday

Guest Blogger- Meghan, from Adopting Baby Z


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" James 1:27


Does anyone remember the Wayne's World (I am dating myself) skit that they used to do on SNL? The two guys used to say "We're not worthy, we're not worthy . . ." I think of that phrase a lot when I think about our adoption of Gigi. So many times people have said to me, "That's so great what y'all are doing for her" when we discuss adoption. I want to say to them, "No, you don't understand. It is what she has done for us". Then, I want to say to the Lord, "We're not worthy!" And of course, none of us are worthy apart from Jesus; but our adoption process taught me this truth in a new way.


Our family was able to grow closer to each other and closer to the Lord during the adoption. There were many times when I cried out to Him, "Lord, where are you? Don't you see what is going on here?" But, looking back on those times, I see how He was stretching me/us. I can honestly say that I have never experienced the Lord's mercy in such a concrete way as during our adoption. I am talking about stuff like, ". . .and then on Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m., the Lord did this for us; and on Friday afternoon, He did that . . ." I am so grateful that I used my blog to document some of our events because many of my entries are monuments to His faithfulness. Most of you probably did not follow our journey, or you might not be familiar with the Guatemalan adoption process, but the Lord performed miracles. I will never forget sitting in Victor Barrios' office (the former head of PGN) praying and praying while Myra talked to him. Initially he said, "I can not help people with their cases because I would have everyone coming to my office for special favors." After more talking and praying, he said, "But, if there is nothing wrong with your file, I will sign you out". Y'all, he did sign me out, and I picked up my file 2 days before PGN completely shut down. That is NOT coincidence.


Adoption is a wild and crazy ride, but if you allow the Lord to lead you, He will teach you things that were before unknowable. To Him be the glory!

(I've turned off comments, so please hop on over and say hi to Meghan @ Adopting Baby Z !)