Wednesday

44th and Shaka!

So it's done. The inauguration. The pomp, the circumstance, all that hailing to the Chief and Michelle's gorgeous yellow ensemble, Obama's steadied focus, the lump in your throat, the hope. It's here now. Like the day after Christmas when you stare at the tree all messed up with tinsel and realize, oh, yeah, now life returns to normal and you're left to wonder if the tinsel will burn out the motor in the vacuum cleaner, if you're better off picking up the pieces one by one.

This is it.

The tide has turned, the seas are still, and now we must wait for the wind to pick up, for change. And I, for one, am ready.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm just going to say it: Our President is freakin' cool.



First African-American President, and the first President to flash the shaka sign at the Inauguration. Heck yeah.



7 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh...it's so exciting to know you still have a pulse!!! I miss your updates!!! I can't believe how the girl's hair has grown...Malaena-Sloan is just now getting "real" hair on the sides but we are months away from ponytails anywhere. Hope y'all are doing well...loved your "real" post!

Steph said...

It's hard not to be excited regardless of political affiliation! He has charisma and the power to inspire a nation. It really is awesome!

Laurie said...

It's so refreshing to hear a non-Obama supporter have a positive attitude! You made my night! :)

Hannah said...

Thank You. I am not an Obama voter either (I'm a Republican)but you gotta hand it to him, he is very cool. I am a firm believer in giving respect and a chance to the President of the United States no matter what your or his party.

I loved his wife's outfit! I swear if I could I'd wear everything she does..just beautiful.

Shannon said...

He did not get my vote either, but I was glued to the tv on inauguration day. What a moment in history! And his wife is one smart lady. I hope they can continue to inspire people.

Misty Rice said...

Hey thanks for stopping by and what a fun blog you have here too. I said right away before even having a chance to read anything "i love her title -- the love shack" Then read its a new makeover. I like it.

Id love to have to come back and visit, so welcome and Id love to do the same.

Misty Rice said...

By the way your kiddos and princess..... super-duper-cute! :)