Friday

It's Fix-It Friday

I absolutely love photo editing. I study it online, I read books about it, I even dream about it. This is a new hobby for me, and I am always up for a new challenge. The fix-it photo this week is of the sweetest two-year-old, Anna (You can find her mama's blog HERE).

Here are my edits:

Lightroom 2.3- corrected white balance, added a kiss of sunlight to her face and softened skin
(I have a 30 day free trial to Lightroom 2 that came with my PSE7. It's such an incredible program. It's kind of pricey, so I am going to be so sad when my trial expires. Boohoo!).
Photoshop Elements 7- reduced noise, burned and blurred edges to put the focus on her sweet face, cropped, sharpened eyes, burned around the edges of irises and along eyelashes, smoothed skin on left side to reduce noise, cloned out her baby doll

This was so much fun!

Photobucket




Photobucket


To see more fun edits, clickety HERE. Have a great weekend!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

You did an AMAZING job! This is really fantastic! WOW!

Joanna said...

I can't wait to get my new computer (thanks, Jaim) so I can start playing with Photoshop! Thanks so much!!! Love the edits!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a difference! Beautiful picture! I need to start learning how to do this!
Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Just beautiful! I love it! Could I by chance talk you into emailing me the full image at jennifer at kellyskidshouston dot com?

Thanks so much for participating in Fix It Friday! I've had so much fun seeing what everyone did to "fix" my photo!

Laurie said...

You did an awesome job! Better than the ones posted on the I Heart Faces blog! Glad to hear your opinion on Lightroom. It seems ALL the photography mamas use that program so I've been wondering if it's worth the $$$! :)

Jewel said...

Great job :) love how you darkened the edges. Really makes her stand out

Hannah said...

All I can say is WOW! You have learned so much and have such a great eye for detail and design. I have a trial to light room too but sadly, have not had any time to try to learn it.

Maybe you should do a little tutorial on here now and then...hint, hint :)

SO glad your back!

Steph said...

Fabulous!!!! I JUST received PSE7, but feel a bit intimidated! What is your fav book and website to learn more about editing?

Anonymous said...

OH WOW You are great!!! Im not good at editing!!!

hugs,leslie

The gFamily said...

You did such a great job!! I will now be sending you all my photos to edit!! LOL!! :)

Lauren said...

SUCH a cute BLOG! Thank you, Psquared, for stopping by--I think I will have to follow if you don't mind.

Blessings to you and your cute brood!

Sarah said...

AWESOME job!! I love how you edited the picture! I have a HUGE favor to ask you! Can you e-mail me at ssmglewis at aol dot com?

Crystal Rae said...

Your fix is perfect. When I was editing mine it couldn't get rid of that grainy look. How did you do it? :)

Tyne said...

Wow!!! Would love if you would teach me... I have ps elements 6 and CS3... but clueless as to how to use them.

Sid said...

Amazing... I love how vivid the new image is! I also love your blog, a def. follow!

Drew said...

You did a beautiful job with this...the skin looks so soft, and the eyes are so sharp. They really became the focus of the picture.

Hibnerfamily.com said...

How do you burn eyelashes? I have Photoshop CS3 and though I've learned a lot in the last two months, I'm still learning. Your guidance on burning eyelashes would be much appreciated!